Sunday, December 07, 2014

SNOW DAY


We recently got a light snowfall here in Vancouver and finally was able to get some photos in the snow before it all melted away!  With winter creeping up on us, it's time to bring out the winter coats and boots and try to stay warm.



I went hunting for the perfect winter coat about a month ago and didn't really want to fork over $375+ for an Aritzia parka so I decided to give The Bay a try.  I found the PERFECT parka from there by 1Madison and this jacket is so warm that I can get away with just wearing a t-shirt under it and not freeze to death!  And the best part is I got it for less than $200!


The jacket is lined with faux fur in the hood and also has a removable fur trim (I removed the fur off the jacket because I just wanted it to be all plain black). This jacket has so many functional pockets on the exterior, along with a pocket inside for your phone, and an inner drawstring to give the jacket a more fitted silhouette.  The jacket zips up, also has a button closure, and it's completely waterproof!  If you are still on the lookout for a winter coat, give Hudson's Bay a try!  Their location in downtown Vancouver has a MASSIVE selection of winter coats and all their winter coats are currently on sale as well.


As for winter footwear, I absolutely love my Timberland 6-inch premiums in nubuck black.  Seriously, these are the best boots ever!  I refuse to wear the ugly, chunky looking snow boots, so I opted out for these.  They are insulated and completely waterproof so they keep my feet warm and dry all day. The bottoms also have enough grip to prevent major slippage in the snow (just watch out for the black ice!). If you are looking for a boot with more coverage, these also come in a taller version as well.

PHOTOS BY: TASHA MUELLER

AMERICAN APPAREL Disco Pants & Toque
RUDEGIRL hooded crop top

1 comment:

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *