Tuesday, December 03, 2013

THE NEON TOQUE

















PHOTOS BY: JACE SANTOS

Coat, Gloves: ZARA | Sweater: H&M | Toque: AMERICAN APPAREL | Leather trackpants: EBAY | Heels: SPRING |

HAPPY DECEMBER EVERYONE! CHRISTMAS IS 22 DAYS AWAY!!

I think this coat is my all time favourite coat!  I just love the color, cut, and the fact that it has leather sleeves.  I'm always excited for the winter season to come just so I can wear this coat on the daily.  

As you guys can tell, I like mixing neons with neutral colours.  It always adds enough edge to an outfit and a strong pop of colour without going overboard.  This time I decided to match my toque (this must be a Canadian word because mostly Canadians say it as oppose to BEANIE? haha) and heels with a cream coloured knit sweater, camel coat, and leather trackpants to add some texture to the outfit.  

A lot of people have been asking how my hair grows so fast, how is it so thick, and if I have a weave/ extensions.  The answer is... IT'S ALL REAL!  I don't really do anything special with my hair because ever since I was young, it would always grow super fast and I've been lucky to be born with a thick head of hair.  My hair regime is I wash it about 2-3 times weekly.  I don't wash it everyday because doing so strips your hair of the natural oils it produces.  If it does start to feel greasy between washes, I usually pat a bit of baby powder in the roots.  I use Head and Shoulders shampoo & conditioner in Green Apple.  Once a week I will use the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque and if my hair is feeling really dry, I will use the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment after I get out of the shower and towel dry my hair.  I also haven't dyed my hair since I started growing it (which was about 3 years ago... and I had SUPER SHORT HAIR!) so most of it is the natural colour minus the ends where the colour is growing out.  I'm no guru on hair care and what works for everyone but a healthy diet/lifestyle, drinking enough water a day, and possibly sleep will hopefully help out with the growing and maintenance process of your hair!

How did this even turn out into a haircare post? LOL

What is your hair care routine like?

xx
FRAN


8 comments:

  1. The neon worked perfect in the mix, great look!!

    http://strawberryleopard.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice outfit, the coat is great :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It's my favorite coat... gotta love Zara!

      xx
      FRAN

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... you look amazing today! Love this mini Neon heels ;)
    Take a look to our web, I'm sure you'll love all our shoes

    Congrats for the blog
    xox

    http://www.mas34shop.com

    ReplyDelete

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *