Saturday, February 22, 2014

SIMPSONS LEGO HOUSE [DETAILED PHOTOS]



A couple days ago, I was able to finally get my hands on a Simpsons Lego set!  I wanted to document the process of building this Lego house as it is my very first Lego set and my first time putting one together, but I was too excited and totally forgot to photograph the process.  But I did however take some detailed shots of the house for you!

The Simpsons Lego house retails for $229 CAD and comes with a total of 2523 pieces (so that comes to around $0.10 a piece for anyone wondering! lol).  The dimensions of the house are 9" (24cm) high, 16" (42cm) wide, and 9" (24cm) deep.  The house includes a detachable garage, roof, living room, kitchen, bathroom, and 3 bedrooms.  I built the house over 4 days and spent about an hour on each bag.  There are 7 sets of bags (each set has about 2-3 bags) so I completed the entire house in about 6-7 hours.  I am a beginner builder and this is the first set I have ever put together so more experienced builders can probably get this set done in half the time!  

Overall, I think they did a good job with the set as it is very detailed and very colourful! Majority of the little drawers and cupboards actually open and you can store things inside, the doors all open, and anything with wheels glides so smoothly! The only feedback I have is I wish the characters didn't look so out of it (maybe better ones will be released with their minifigure set?) and if they were able to make the house bigger to include all sections of the house.  (The dining room was missing as well as the master bedroom bathroom, attic, and basement.)  The living room and kitchen were also on the opposite sides compared to the real house on the show.  I really like this set and it is a must have for any Simpsons fan!  Check out the detailed shots below!

BOX (FRONT)

BOX (BACK)

EXTERIOR (FRONT)

HOUSE (TOP VIEW)

GARAGE

GARAGE (INTERIOR)

GARAGE (INTERIOR)

GARAGE (TOP VIEW)

HOUSE (INTERIOR)

LIVING ROOM

LIVING ROOM (PIANO AND STOOL)

LIVING ROOM




LIVING ROOM (COUCH, RUG, VACCUM, DESK WITH TELEPHONE, PICUTRE FRAME)



KITCHEN



LISA'S ROOM



BART'S ROOM



MARGE, HOMER, MAGGIE'S ROOM



BATHROOM



HALLWAY


CAR (FRONT)

CAR WITH DENT

CAR (INTERIOR)

CAR (BACK)

Simpsons House size in comparison to an iPhone 4

xx
FRAN


1 comment:

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *