Monday, February 10, 2014

THE MIDI SKIRT













PHOTOS BY: JACE SANTOS

Skirt, crop top: H&M | Jacket: ZARA | Bow pumps: AMINAH ABDUL JILLIL | Watch: MARC BY MARC JACOBS

This is the very first midi skirt I have ever owned! (or a skirt that goes below the knee haha).  I really love the whole modern day 50s look and I'm excited to try something new this season.  I've usually only stuck with lengths about my knee because i'm pretty short (i'm 5'2).  But I have found that even us short girls can wear these skirts!

I have found the best way to wear these types of skirts if you are short is to find a skirt that cuts at the perfect length.  You don't want one too long because it will just make you look even shorter.  The one I am wearing just cuts right below my knee/ mid calf.  I paired it together with a crop top and heels to add some height.  

If you are planning to wear a sweater or longer shirt/blouse with this skirt, make sure the sweater is either cropped or that you tuck in the shirt as it will elongate your frame and not cut you off and make you look frumpy.  As for shoes, I would pair them with a pair of heels or wedges to add some height to the look.  You can either go with a neutral colour to play it safe, a bright colour if you are wearing all neutrals, or match the colour of your shoe to the skirt.

Will you try the midi skirt trend this year?  How will you style it?  Share your ideas below!

xx
FRAN



31 comments:

  1. gorgeous skirt
    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/
    Twitter / tumblr/ instagram: @fashionrlounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Jane! I'll be sure to check yours out as well.

      Delete
  3. love the skirt!

    Make sure to check out my blog, I do a combination of health, animals and fashion weekly!

    www.laurinawong.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out your blog as well :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!! I want dem heels. hot!!

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that outfit!
    Skirts are always the perfect way to go.

    Happy Valentines Day hun!
    Come and join my giveaway. Giving away $100 gift certificate for Ettika online shopping.

    Xx,
    www.sacosha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look, its beautiful. Great blog!

    http://www.comercialmoyano.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looks very stylish

    FOLLOW ME
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de
    https://www.facebook.com/Rimanerenellamemoria
    http://instagram.com/rimanerenellamemoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! we really love your style baby! happy Sunday..:) www.odmagazine.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING! U look sooooo badass and knockout!!! LOVE all the leather and the bows on the shoes......omg obsessed!!!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment! It means so much because you two are totally my favourite Canadian fashion bloggers!!

      Delete
  10. You are super stylish!!!!!!!!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That midi skirt looks lovely on you, but I love your top even more! Great outfit, babe! <3

    Love,

    Rowan


    Personal Style Blog WWW.REDREIDINGHOOD.COM

    ReplyDelete

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *