Saturday, March 29, 2014

AUSSIE STYLE
















PHOTOS BY: JACE SANTOS

Cardigan, shorts: SABOSKIRT | Hat: H&M | Crop top: GARAGE | Boots: ZARA

I'm so happy it's spring because that means I get to bring out and wear all my spring/summer pieces in my wardrobe.  The majority of the outfit posted above is from one of my favourite Australian labels, SABOSKIRT.  I first found out about Saboskirt in 2012 through the Instagram popular page.  They had posted a photo of their mint tea dress and I just had to get my hands on it!

When you first think of Australia, you think of koalas, beaches, kangaroos, and the Crocodile Hunter.  But I have found that Aussie is this hidden little gem of laidback yet exotic dressing.  I recently grabbed a copy of the H&M spring magazine and found an awesome article entitled "Aussie Rules" which is all about the influence of Australia's style in today's fashion industry.

PHOTO FROM: H&M Spring 2014 Magazine

Since Australia is surrounded by tons of beautiful beaches and the weather is amazing 90% of the time, you see all these Aussies living this healthy lifestyle, showing off golden tanned skin and a toned physique.  I have noticed this a lot on Instagram through the Australian fashion muses I follow.  They have influenced me to live a more active lifestyle and even though it is raining and cold half the time here, I'll always be beach ready when the time comes!  My favourite thing about Aussie fashion is how these girls can pick simple, comfy pieces yet fashion forward outfits that you can wear from a day on the beach to a night out in town.  Their effortless style and the way they put together pieces gives them this look of confidence and fierceness just from wearing a basic oversized t-shirt and denim shorts.

PHOTO FROM: H&M Spring 2014 Magazine

I have discovered a bunch of Australian labels (they all ship internationally too!) that I wanted to share with you all as well.  Check out my top picks below!



I've been a fan of Saboskirt since the beginning when they used to only have about 10 items on their website and now they have over 900k+ followers on instagram and their items are constantly repinned everywhere on social media!  Saboskirt is run by Thessy and Yiota and these girls are the best at using social media to connect with their customers and fans.  I have ordered multiple times from Saboskirt and their customer service team is awesome as well!  They also recently lowered their international shipping rates as well.  Go check them out!


2. TRIANGL


The name says it all.  TRIANGL specializes in neoprene bikinis and they have just recently launched their underwear line as well!  The shipping is a bit pricy ($20 flat rate international) but you get your package so fast!!  I got mine in probably a week or less after ordering and I absolutely love their packaging presentation.  I plan to do a review on the swimsuit once I wear it so stay tuned!




I found out about Esther on Pinterest and this online boutique has such a great collection of dresses, tops, and bottoms!  I haven't personally ordered anything from this site yet so I'm not 100% on their shipping rates and receiving items.


4. STYLE ADDICT

I recently found Style Addict and they have a great variety of statement jewelry pieces and fun summer clothes!


5. FRANK


I've seen so many people posting about Frank and wanted to check out what all the hype was about.  I recently purchased a bag and still waiting for it to arrive!  In summary, Frank is an all natural coffee scrub that exfoliates your skin and targets skin conditions such as cellulite, stretch marks, eczema, acne, and psoriasis.

If you have any other favourite Aussie labels, share it in the comments below!

xx
FRAN

1 comment:

  1. Love that skirt! It's amazing looking. Great look.

    Hazel
    www.theskimplelife.com
    http://instagram.com/theskimplelife

    ReplyDelete

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *