Monday, May 12, 2014

#GIRLBOSS










PHOTOS BY: JACE SANTOS

Leather vest, jeans: ZARA | Crop top: H&M | Sunglasses: VANS | Shoes: NIKE | Watch: MARC BY MARC JACOBS | Body chain: NASTY GAL |

Wow!  It's been a month since my last post (sorry guys!)  I recently went on a trip to Florida and I'll be posting about that soon!  The weather has been really great in Vancouver... we can finally pack away the winter coats!  I've been really into wearing black and white with light wash denim lately; I think it's because it's so easy to wear, very crisp looking yet you can dress it up or down.  I finally found a pair of distressed denim jeans from Zara!  They are the exact wash I've been looking for and have the right amount of rips and distressing on the legs not to mention they are the perfect length for short people like me!

Anyways, the title of this post relates to the current book I'm reading, #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso (the founder and CEO of Nasty Gal).  I really look up to strong women who are goal getters and do things for themselves and Sophia Amoruso is just one of those people who I aspire to be like.  Her book #GIRLBOSS is her story on how she made Nasty Gal into a $100+ million online fashion retailer within 8 years.  My sister and I made a trip to the book store when it released and bought the book right away... we hope to one day get to Sophia's level!  I just started reading the book, but if this sounds interesting to you, definitely check out the book for yourself!

I also recently got to take photos for my friend Jace (he's the one that takes all my amazing photos!) for his blog and it feels so weird being on the other side of the lens!  I'm still getting the hang of taking photos but thanks to him, he can teach me all the photography lingo!  He recently relaunched his blog and now posts his own style/outfit photos.  Go check it out at www.runjacerun.ca !

xx
FRAN



6 comments:

  1. I love this look! I really like how you combined that vest with a crop top. Also, I can't wait to read #GIRLBOSS. I love reading about empowered women who set out to do great things, especially in the world of business.

    -Helen Grace

    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Helen! You should definitely read #GIRLBOSS. I'm halfway through and I'm in love with all of it!! It's so inspiring and makes you want to get working!

      Delete
  2. awesome look. love the cropped top with distressed jeans!

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab outfit!

    Xo
    Dallastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *